30 Jan Tips for a low budget trip to Santorini
Beautiful rooms from 50 euros and excellent local cuisine not exceeding 15-20 euros per person. All low budget offices guarantee that no crisis will deprive us of Santorini. Take a Santorini Full Day Private Tour and visit the most famous places.
Paraphrasing an old American comedy, we can swear in the name of cutting costs that the Caldera view is a fundamental and inalienable human right. Whether you enjoy the Jacuzzi of a suite in Oia, or just sipping coffee in Fira, it doesn’t matter. So we get the – poorly, let alone – leave allowance or the savings of the previous month. Yes, they arrive and we go for weekends to our beloved… Cyclades.
As if you are going to the river…
Hope the road is long. Because the slower the boat, the cheaper the ticket. High speeds generally claim double the cost of “conventional” liners. A round-trip ticket with Blue Star costs 68 euros, with Sea Jets Superjet 117 euros and Aegean Speed Lines Speed-runner 108 euros.
- At the atmospheric Galatia Villas built according to traditional, Cycladic architecture. Its beautiful rooms come with a TV, fridge, air conditioning, hair dryer and a balcony or patio. Rates start from 60 euros for the double room until the end of July, and are up to 75 euros from 25 July to 25 August. Breakfast is extra, at 6 euros per person. If you book through Booking, the double room in July will cost you 50 euros.
- At the Cycladic Samson’s Village, twenty meters from the secular beach of Perissa. Well-groomed studios, in shades of blue and white, equipped with all the essential amenities and a swimming pool to enjoy even more dives every hour of the day. Rates start from 50 euros for the double studio until mid July, and from 80 euros in the last two weeks of July and August. If you are willing to sacrifice the privilege of the balcony, the studio without it costs 35 euros by mid-July and 50 euros by the end of July and August.
- At the beautiful Villa Gianna in Fira, just a short walk from the bustling main square. Built in a traditional Cycladic style, it offers arty rooms with a balcony, pool and beautiful courtyard to relax in the afternoons. The double room costs 50 euros by 5 July and 80 euros the rest of the summer. With Booking, you can book it for € 55 for July.
- Do you want less crowding and more isolation? Kokkinos Villasin Akrotiri is your choice. Blue and white accord, panoramic view of the Caldera, 150 meters beach, fully equipped (with refrigerator, air condition, TV and telephone) rooms. Rates start at 60 euros for the double room until 20 July and reach 80 euros from 21/7 to 31/8. If you make a booking through Booking, a double in July will cost you 50 euros.
- At Stavros Villas in the traditional village of Karterados, just outside Fira, which offers apartments for two to four people. All are fully equipped with fridge, kitchen, TV, air condition and balconies overlooking the Aegean Sea. Prices for July start at 50 euros for a double room and 80 euros for a four-person apartment, while in August they range from 78 to 130 euros respectively.
- At the romantic Onar Studios in Perissa, just steps from the beach. Its tastefully decorated rooms are equipped with all basic amenities, beds are decorated with mosquito nets, and the wi-fi network covers the entire complex. Double room rates start from 65 euros in July and reach 89 euros in August. Look for better rates (around € 45 for July) through Booking.
Schedule your Days with Santorini Tours
There are plenty of places you would certainly like to visit, even if you have a rented car, you can always book a day tour!
- Private Transfers
- Full Day Private Tour Santorini
- Santorini Historical Private Tour
- Santorini Impressive Caldera Private Tour
…It’s not just the roast pate and the salmon carpaccio. It is also the right rustic, with its red tomatoes and fragrant oil, and a tender reddish beef cooked with the right spices. Savoir them, without wasting half a minute, at any of the following taverns and restaurants.
- Nicholas in Fira: Famous for his home-cooked specialities, specializing in local cuisine. Very low budget, no matter how much you try it will cost you no more than 15 euros.
- Firostefani Aktaeion: In the same location since 1922, it serves exquisite local cuisine (don’t miss the roast beef and vinegar lamb) at very reasonable prices, at 20 euros per person.
- Calligraphy at the Tower: Mix and match from local specialities, fresh fish, seafood light delicacies and a very strong grill. And very good prices, about 18 euros per person.
- Lava in Perissa: Strictly only local products are used to make local specialities that have made it famous over the last 25 years. No lower budget: about 15 euros per person.
- Katina in Ammoudi: Rumours speak of Santorini’s best fava. Fresh fish and excellent home-made cuisine. Maximum 20 euros per person.
- Between Us in the Outer Corner: Crete meets Santorini, raccoons go down like water, and life is fine – especially if you pay around 15-20 euros per person.
- Raki in Megalochori: Wonderful local and not only local delicacies that respect our budget – around 15 euros per person.
- Night in Kamari: “New Tavern” with tables on the sea, serving local flavours with a twist (must Vinsanto chicken and caramelized onion and basil fava) at prices not exceeding 20-25 euros per person.